Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday morning visitor!!

Wow!!! This morning as I was looking out the window at our much needed rain this bird perched on a limb. Guess he was looking for his breakfast.

There were slim pickings under our bird feeder. Only the hummingbirds ignored him.

I really didn't want the picture this large but don't know how to change it.

It's good to hear from you, Jolee. Glad all is well and Mason is keeping you busy. We went to Milwaukee for a few days. Mister Jim and Steve attended a Brewer game. I gave Steve my camera so I'd have a few pictures to share but he didn't take any. Bummer. No cooperation around here.

Steelwool is the answer to your mice problems. Stuff it in all the holes. We usually have problems with them in the winter when it gets really cold. Nasty little critters. I also found one in the toilet on one of my nightly visits. I've learned to close the lid. Don't use the poison. If they die somewhere in your house they smell just awful.

Hope it is raining where you are. I'm loving it!!! This is "find a good book" weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would love the rain!! It has been nice and cool though..pure heaven! Staying in the 60's!! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80's again. I

what a beautiful hawk!