Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dentist Blues

Mason went to the Dentist today. And what a visit it was!!!

He's been there before and it went pretty well, but not today.

He has such a large personal space and he abhors anyone messing around with his mouth, not to mention taste and texture sensitivities...so, I realize how hard it must have been for him.

He was SCREAMING and crying and getting out of the chair, closing his mouth and covering his mouth with his hands. All they did was polish and count his teeth, and x-ray them. Now i hat the x-ray part too, so I completely understand that part.

The dentist and hygenist were very patient and kind and kept telling me "Oh we see this all the time"...I have said those same words to other parents, and now I was that parent!!

Mason was spitting the paste out, yelling "I don't like you!!" "I don't like the dentist" "I'm not coming back here again" "I'm never going to the dentist" "I don't like this" "I want to go home now" "I AM going home now". I had to hold his hands down and keep him in the chair. He kept jumping out of the chair and refusing to put his head in the head rest.

It was so hard. I felt for the boy and yet, he needs his teeth cleaned, because fixing cavities is far worse. He did great for the flossing part though and was excited to get his treasure, so hopefully he wasn't too traumatized.


On a side note, I peed my pants tonight and didn't even know it. I went out to eat for an hour or so, came home and was changing into my PJ's when I noticed I had wet myself. And it definitely wasn't amniotic fluid. SO, another great side effect of pregnancy...wetting myself without knowing it. Doesn't seem possible, but it is. Only 80 more days to go. WHOO-HOO!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

My thoughts are with Mason. I hate the dentist so I find the cutest one around. I think they do have dentists that specialize in children's care. Better find one of those or send Craig with him.