Sunday, September 30, 2007

Today Is the Day

On Friday I told Mason we were going to the park and he said "Today is the day for the Monkey Bars!!!!" (with his hands in the air)...He has been trying to figure out how to swing from bar to bar across the monkey bars.

And then he added "And today is the day for the Pole!!!" (fireman pole at the park)

Now, he hasn't really attempted these things much and we really didn't think he thought about it much. So, we went to the park and he tried the monkey bars and said "The day for Monkey Bars is when I am 5" The pole is for when I am 4". So, we went to the POLE. I helped him 3 times on it and he actually slid down, then he was done. A little boy came to the park who was 5 and Mason decided he could try the pole by himself while I talked with the boy's grandma and he did it!!!! He was sooo excited!!!! He just kept on sliding down that pole!! the 5 year old wouldn't even try the pole, so Mason was trying to teach him how. A 4 year old teaching a 5 year old how to slide down the pole...that is BIG stuff!!!! As soon as it stops raining we are heading out to the park!! Friday , September 28th was the day!!!!

Last night after church he told us two boys were fighting in Sunday School and it hurt his ears. He said it made him think of times when he was mad and he listed off a few things. Then he said "When I am mad I go into my room and kick once or cry or scream and then I feel better and can come down and play. OR, I pray and then I say "UFFDA, I feel like playing now!!".....Apparently I am saying "UFFDA "a lot because that is pretty much all he says all day. "UFFDA, I'm tired. UFFDA, I'm hot. UFFDA this is heavy, etc..." Funny guy!!

We had a great visit with Cathy and Mason LOVED having her here!! Cathy, we are measuring everything!!! And have read the book several times!! He also loves the case the playing cards were in. I can't count the number of things he has turned the case into!!

Well, the baby dropped on Thursday night. I hope he stays in here until November!! I woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday because my ligaments were killing me. I think that is when he dropped. Everyone else has noticed it too. Feels like a bowling ball between my legs!

I am still having cravings. the worst one that i will NOT give into is laundry soap flakes. I want to chew on them sooo bad!! And cleaning supplies smell soooo good. Instead I eat those Flav-o-Ice popsicles (you buy them unfrozen in the little tubes). I have about 5 a day and can't get enough of them. I LOVE the crunch!!! Also craving baked potatoes with sour cream, butter and cheese!!! And APPLES!!!!! And OLIVES!!! Any kind of OLIVES!! and BEER!! I want a beer sooo badly!! i won't have one, but I really really want one!!!

When I was out with some friends Thurs night, someone spilled a 24 oz beer and some spilled on me and it smelled sooo good!! It is CRAZY!!!! And I don't drink beer. Too wierd.

Well, time for bed. The leg has been acting up again today. i had a couple of nights when it was fine...I actually slept until 5:30 this am and got up for bathroom and fell back to sleep until 9:00!!! I am going to try compression socks next.

Ok, I think that is enough updating. Mason is doing great and is a blast to be with, the baby is doing fine, I only have 57 days to go and we need to get many things done: paint the bedroom, take down the dog kennel, get rid of the dog house, get rid of the Lumina, finish Christmas shopping, make Mason's halloween costume, and have his birthday party!!! All by Nov. 3rd, so that is less than the 57 days. ugh, now i am really tired!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hey, I left a comment here and where did it go? So now I have to do it over. That's happened before when I go to this blog from Cathy's blog.
I'm glad that everything is going well in "new baby to be land". You don't have too much longer to go now, Jolee. I hope the baby arrives before our Hunting Weekend.
Mason certainly keeps you busy learning new things. Keep us posted. UFFDA AJ

Catherine said...

Ummmm. My son says, 'Operator Error'. But that's what he always says....