Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mr Sandman ...Bring me some SLEEP

Hey there. I need to sleep!!! This Restless Leg Syndrome is KILLING me!!!! I can't even take a decent nap because of it!! I went to bed earlier tonight, but here I am again AWAKE because of my leg. They say there is nothing they can do for me because I am pregnant. After this post, I am looking online for natural remedies.

Can I name this little guy "trouble"?? No...it isn't him, it's just this old body. My brain is seriously being affected by this lack of sleep though. Yesterday I went into the bathroom to get some Fritos, and forgot why I got up and was really confused because I knew I didn't need to go to the bathroom, but couldn't remember why I was in there.

Mason is doing well. I think he did an algebral problem the other night when he tried to figure out how many dinner rolls we started out with by counting the number we ate and looking at how many were left. He still cracks me up, but i can't remember anything at the moment. Because I want to SLEEP!!!!

I wish we had cable at the moment. I am stuck watching Sport Zone...maybe that will lull my leg to sleep?

We have 3 names picked out (i think) and we are going to wait until we see this little guy before we pick out the name. want to see which one fits him best.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Randy has some medicine that he takes for his Restless Leg Syndrome...and it works really well. The only problem is that it's one of those medications that says 'make sure that you have at least 7 hours available to dedicate to sleep'. Yeah, right. Last night, he took his medication at 9, when he went to bed....and the mill called around 1:30 a.m., so he had to go in. (keep in mind that I THINK this is what happened...I woke up at 4 and he was gone, replaced by the dog sleeping on the floor! Checked that caller id history and found a call from Bowater at 1:36. Detective work.) All-in-all, tho, it works.

I did think of you yesterday, Jolee. We're going to add Justin to your 'Medical Maladies' club. He's going to have a CAT scan this week for chest pain that he's had on-and-off since January. The doctor thinks that it's a muscle/tendon issue that simply won't heal or is going to take a long time to heal. All of the 'heart' tests have come back normal or better than normal, so they are fairly certain that it's not his heart. Cross your fingers & say a prayer.

I'm coming to Duluth on Thursday to do some banking and bring some things to Alyssa (and take her grocery shopping). Make the weather be nice....

Anonymous said...

You are a super detective!

I'll definitely keep Justin in prayers. How scary that must have been. I hope they can figure out what is going on and fix it. It is frustrating not knowing.

I can't take any of the medication because I am pregnant. i read iron deficiencies can cause it when pregnant, and mine was a little low last time they checked. I am on the hunt for gluten free prenatal vitamins with more iron. Mine only have 50%. Of course I can't eat red meat because of the IBS, and I can't have cereals fortified with iron because they have gluten. So, it's lots of leafy greens for me!!

I swear this body is aging about 40 years during this pregnancy with all my health things.

I'll try to make the weather nice, but it has to be in the 60's with NO humidity. I am DIEING today!!! I thought this was fall!! And my summer clothes look hilarious on because they are too small.

Have a safe trip on Thursday. If you have time, give a call or stop by..Alyssa too...as long as you don't mind a messy home :)

Catherine said...

A messy home?! I am the Queen of Messy Homes....and I don't have any excuses. No kids. No job.

Actually, I just got done mopping the floor. Ginger is blowing her coat and the hair poofs are everywhere. It takes about a month for her to be completely done. What a disaster. For awhile, I was brushing her when she blew her coat and saving the fur. There's a woman in MN who spins pet hair into yarn, so I thought it would be great to have a scarf, hat or mittens from Gingerfur. Randy made me throw it out when we moved. I should start, again......=)

Yeah, what's up with the weather??!! I, actually, turned on the air conditioning today. I'm not sure what the Weather Pixie says, but it's about 85 at our house. Cooler closer to the lake........of course.

Anonymous said...

oooo, I remember Sophie blowing her coat every Spring and fall. But because she had been so malnourished, it never stopped blowing in between the seasons either. I don't miss sweeping up all those poofs. I am still finding them here and there,and today I had a piece of her doghair in my mouth.