Wednesday, September 17, 2008

AHHHHH....

Mason's first day of Kindergarten. That is when we started making the volcano. I can't believe he is almost 6 years old and that every day I love him even MORE!! Many mornings when he wakes up before Maddox, he will crawl into bed with me and snuggle right up. I know the day will come when he won't want much to do with me, but I hope I always remember moments like those. I do wish they didn't have to grow up...but everything keeps getting better and better as they do...expect for the having to let go part. Just watching Mason, I can see how much he has grown up. His sayings, the way he relates to the world and how he moves. it all seems so grown up at times (and then he will burp and laugh or make up a rhyme about poop).
Mason and I completed 2 thousand piece puzzles over the last few weeks. They were both Santa ones, and he did most of the work.
The deer love the neighbors apple trees. One day a doe, buck and fawn were all doing this to get at the apples. Crazy!
Maddox found Mason's stick and you would have thought he found the Holy Grail!! He was in Heaven!!
How do you move these pix around?

I am getting sleep. For about 5 nights in a row now. Maddox has been going at least 6 hours before needing to be fed at night. It is amazing!!! I love sleep!!! Hopefully soon this will turn into 10 hours, but I will definitely take 6-8 hours instead of getting up every 3-4. Hallelujiah!!!!!( I think I messed up the spelling).




Not a whole lot going on around here. It is nice having a schedule again with the Homeschool. I really need some kind of schedule...nothing too rigid, but more of a schedule of events and Mason REALLY needs a schedule. He is loving it as well.




As he approaches 6 years, I wonder if we are in for a storm with him. Noticing a lot of perfectionism and mood swings. I have heard that 6 years can be hard for children, so we will see. He is still a sweetie though and I do love him dearly!!! He picked flowers for the neighbor yesterday because last week she gave him one of her sunflowers. He's still cracking me up, but my brain just went blank with all his funny stuff and sayings. He still says "Mayonnaise!! Mayonnaise!!" when he pretends his plane is crashing. I'll need to tell him it is "Mayday" soon. Kids will be making fun of him.




We think Maddox may have developed an allergy to bananas. He was playing with mashed bananas yesterday and his arms broke out in hives. Noticing some not so nice stuff in his diapers too and a few crusty spots on his head have returned. Man, he loves bananas! I hope he isn't. I'll need to call the allergist to make an appt to have him tested to be sure. I just don't want to make another appt. It has been nice having a break from Dr.'s. I thought he was maybe allergic to carrots or peaches, but now I think it's bananas. I hope that is all it is, but then I wonder if he will just develop more allergies as he eats more foods? I keep letting him play in the dirt so his immune system will have something else to fight in the hopes it will leave the food alone.
Well, that's about it here. Just enjoying the wonderful weather and taking the kids to the park everyday that we can go before the "you know what" comes and we need to stay in for the next 8 months :)




2 comments:

Catherine said...

Bananas! Bananas? It's just so much fun to spell.

As children get older, they just keep getting better and better. Even as adults, I feel so excited for all of the things that they are doing and experiencing. I've know so many people who are sad and want to 'turn back the clock' as their children grow, but I find it to be so much fun to see 'the plan' (not mine ;) unfold. No sadness for what was; only joy at what is and is to be. My gosh, that was sappy. Sorry.

Changing the subject, what is everyone going to be for Halloween? Should I haul out my sewing machine? It hasn't seen much action since January....

Anonymous said...

That wasn't sappy. It was beautiful!

I may need your assistance again this year. Mason wants to be Kunfu Panda and I'm not sure what Maddox will be.

Right now his is frustrated, I don't want to sleep baby.