Thursday, June 14, 2007

I've Been workin on the Railroad

Well, not the railroad, but I have worked for the past 3 days in a row. Today was my last. I had a salad and cold glass of water when I got home, but pretended it was a Brewsky and a burger!

Craig took Mason fishing so I could relax, but Mason was giving Craig a really hard time, so hopefully it will go all right. May be a short fishing trip! But I'll take these moments alone in the house with my feet up!!

People are noticing I am pregnant, so I am showing a lot more! I am averaging 5-6 pounds every 2 weeks. I hope that doesn't keep up!! Or I'll be at least 400 pounds!! Maybe Mason is right about there being twins in there!! Wouldn't that be something?!

Mason is still pretty funny, despite his other stuff. He is definitely going through a developmental growth spurt cognitively and physically. And those times are tough times in the Wiediger household!! It usually lasts about a month or so, so it should be over before summer is over!

Time for some "Masonisms"
He has been using the phrase "Smooth as a baby's bottom" lately, and usually starts with "I've got a good one for you. Smooth as a baby's bottom!!" Nana taught him the phrase when he helped scrape and paint her picnic table with Vinnie,Nic and Nanni.

The other evening, he exclaimed :" I am so excited for a new day tomorrow mom!!! You never know what fun and new things you are going to do!! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!"

On Tuesday night, Mason told me: "Mom, I have a better idea about what can be in your belly." I said"Oh yeah, what's that?" Mason: "It's a great idea mom! An even better idea."
Me: "What is it?" Mason:" Icecream!!!!! Icecream could be in your belly!! Then you could have an icecream baby--not a real baby--and we could eat it, but not the face!!"hahaha he is so funny. The mind of a child!!

Yesterday, Mason had a loud "toot". We were all in the living room, all of a sudden he asked Craig "Did you toot?" Craig said "No". Mason said:" Well, it's stinky in here. Mom did you toot?" I told him I did not and he replied very indignantly"Well, I couldn't do a toot that stinky!!" Apparently our little son has some high thoughts about himself! :)

He has also taken up running through the house yelling "WHOO-HOO!!!" at the top of his lungs!! He is such a hoot!! and such a B-O-Y. I am really loving this age!! Everything is about crashing, and bad guys, and going fast.

Speaking of "fast", the other evening, Craig and I were heading home from church in separate vehicles (Craig had to work late) and Mason was with me. When a stop light turned green, I gave the minivan a bit of gas to "beat" Craig home. The engine revved up and Mason was SO excited!! He was just laughing and saying 'Mom!!! How did you do that?!!? How did you drive fast?!?! That was so fast!!! What button did you push?!?!" He thought I was the COOLEST mom in town!!! And he still talks about it at times!! (just a side note, I did not go past the speed limit...which I also had to explain to him :) )

A few days ago I was talking to Craig about how I heard how it is good for children to be bored at times, because that is when the creative juices really get going, and they start problem solving, etc... Well, Mason must have overheard me, because the other day I heard him yell from the living room :"Mom! I'm bored!!" So I told him we were leaving soon, and just find something to do. So he yelled back "No, mom. I'm bored!!" And I walked into the living room to find him sitting in the rocking chair, chin resting on his fist and he said"It's Ok mom. I'm bored, so now I can think of ideas". He closed his little eyes for a moment, popped them open, threw his index finger in the air and exclaimed "I have an idea!!!!" The kid cracks me up!!!
....I hope I am not boring everyone with all of the "Mason stories". This is a nice place for me to record these events, and once I start scrapbooking again, I'll be able to remember what happens.

My dad built us a wonderful raised garden bed!! We planted petunias, sweet peas, bachelor buttons, poppies, daisies, watermelon, pumpkin, tomato, carrots, spinach, and a hummingbird-butterfly attracting mix. I did a lot from seed in light of the "parking ticket" fiasco. It will be a late garden, but a garden!!! Next year we are going to do a lot of vegetables instead of flowers. Mason just loves all the planting and gardening. He might be a little farmer someday.

not much else going on around here. I am going to work a day next week, then nothing for a while. I am so grateful to be home as much as I am!! I forgot how much I really love my job and working casually is a blast!! All I have to do is the fun part...the therapy!! No paperwork, no pressure, just hanging out with the children!! And I get to be with Mason so much more!! It really is the best of both worlds!!! I am a better mom and wife and get to go and have fun while getting paid for it!!

I can't wait to meet little number 2!! Nov is such a long way away!! I am really feeling the baby move a lot, especially when I sit down. I wonder if it will move as much as Mason did. I can eat chocolate with this baby though, I couldn't with Mason, so I am thinking this one is a girl!! Because what girl wouldn't like chocolate?!?

Well, this is a long post, probably more than anyone wants to read!!! I hope everyone is doing well!
Aunt Janis, Good luck with the Chipmunks!! I think some moved into our garage. We may be calling you for advice!!


Cathy, I miss reading your posts!! I hope everything is going all right with you and Ginger!! I was glad to read she was chasing squirrels again!!!

No comments: