Thursday, July 26, 2007

Can't Stop Movin'

Well, I am up at 1:30am because I have Restless Leg Syndrome in my left leg. I had this when I was pregnant with Mason, but it didn't start until about 28 weeks. I am at 22 weeks now. At that time, I just called it "Crazy Legs", but now there is a real name for it. It is HORRIBLE!!!

My left leg won't stop moving, and feels horrible if I don't move it. It woke me up tonight and it won't settle down. 18 weeks to go!!! I can't wait!! I have never been more excited for fall to come!!!

Mason has been falling out of bed at night. Poor guy. We used to have a crib mattress on the floor for him, but he went several months without falling out of bed, but he's back at it again. We'll get him one of those rail things. he usually doesn't even wake up, just keeps sleeping on the floor, or gets up and goes back to bed and doesn't remember in the morning. Tonight was a big one though. He'll remember this one. And the hardwood floors don't help, but he can't have carpeting with the dust mite allergies and ear infections.

He slipped on a dock yesterday and hit the back of his head. I always worry about brain injuries, but his little skull has been doing a good job of protecting him. That is the bad thing about my job, the "exceptions" are the "norm" in my world. Seen too many brain injuries from little things and the results of those injuries.

Well, I am hoping to fall asleep soon. Mason may have a very crabby momma tomorrow.
Might be a good day for a video!!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Randy was just diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome!!! I have been complaining for YEARS about his leg-jiggling, and, now, I have medical proof. During his sleep study, he jiggled his leg over 200 times in one hour!!!! We'll see if the medication help him (and me!!) get a better nights sleep.

As for head bumps, I remember when we lived in Duluth, Alyssa was 1 and LOVED climbing the stairs. I swear, that girl could crawl up the steps in 3 seconds flat. More than once, she went bouncing down those hardwood stairs, head first. Lots of brain damage, I'm sure.

I don't remember anyone falling out of bed, tho.