Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fun with Dick and Jane

Mason read his first book tonight!! He read a Dick and Jane book my mom had gotten him for Christmas!!! He was so excited!!! The child has been dieing to read and tonight he did!!!! It will be fun to see if he wants to continue or just happy with this. We are going to celebrate with icecream tomorrow. (He read it at bedtime).

Our digital camera will be in tomorrow or Friday!!! I CANNOT wait!!1 We have been without a camera for about 3 weeks now and I have been going crazy!!!! So I can post pictures now!! I may even start my own personal blog as well.

Our zoo is doing well. The spider is still alive, although he hasn't eaten anything. Not sure how much longer he will make it. Our snails either mated last night or fought. One of them hasn't moved since. We will either have a stinky snail pot, or lots of new snails. If we have baby snails, let me know if you would like some!!

Our frog and grasshopper are doing well in their new home. the grasshopper is a bit of a bully though. He picks on the frog by touching him with his long legs and the frog bats at him. I may have to separate them. The frog is eating the crickets dusted with vitamin powder. He eats them as soon as we put them in the aquarium. Keeping the cricktes alive is becoming quite the challenge though. They keep dieing off in the container I have them in. It is also a process to catch them to feed the frog. He is quite the little hunter. I think he is much happier in his new home, it's bigger and has more sticks to climb on. We are going to try to find him a buddy. I guess they do better in groups.

My stomach is definitely getting bigger. I can feel it all over!!! I feel as though my lower body is being stretched apart!! Already having a hard time sleeping at night and getting up off the floor. Baby keeps moving and is very STRONG. Already having a few uncomfortable kicks! Big ultrasound is tomorrow. I can't wait!!

Oh yeah, My mom came up with a DELICIOUS gluten free Rhubarb cake. I will definitely be gaining weight with these new recipes of hers!!! Way to go mom!!!! Not sure why the font changed here, but too tired to fix it. Take care everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until Cathy gets back and she can probably tell you how to keep the crickets alive. She always had critters in her classroom. Sure you don't want a snake??
AJ