Friday, May 23, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

this song has been in my head for weeks, and I think it is because my brain cells are dying off. As each one dies off, this is the song it sings.

Last night was a rough one. And I haven't showered in 2 days. Maddox was up every 2hours, and was uncomfortable when awake. and didn't nap yesterday. I'm not sure how much more my body can take the sleep deprivation. I'm not even sure if things really happened....Ok I'm back. I was gone for a while because Maddox threw up. I . think it was real throw up. Probably caught the flu at Mason's Dr. appt yesterday....more on that later. Or maybe it is related to the teething. these first 2 teeth are really causing him problems.


anyway, i cant tell if things really happened or if I dreamt them. For example...I guess I ate some salmon and liked it a few nights ago..but I thought I dreamt I ate it. Crazy.

Mason was at the Dr the other day because of his toenail. It looks all fungus like and has since he was a baby. We have seen 2 dermatologists, but they could never get a big enough sample so this time I lwt the toenail grow out. Well the Dr took a sample, but he said if it came back negative we may want to consider seeing a podiatrist and having the toenail removed to see if it will grow back normal.

Is it me or do we have a lot of stuff going on? I feel slammed medically. And I am tired of my children being ill or uncomfortable.

And they are so sweet. Maddox gives the best smiles and is so excited to see us. His laugh is like music and Mason is always finding wild flowers and picking them for me.

There is really nothing like seeing your little boy running toward you in his puddle boots, hair blowing all over in the wind wearing clothes that don't match that much with a handlful of little johnny jump-ups saying "I picked some flowers for you mom!!!!" with a huge smile. All of the hard work, sleep deprivation, food deprivation, etc...is all worth it.

Mason is in the kitchen right now peeling and cutting rhubarb he picked for a rhubarb cake we are going to make this weekend. Madoox is in a comfortable position and is sitting next to me making sweet noises and pushing his feet on me. Life is good.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

We are in a parallel universe.

Just got the dog home from the vet. She has been limping, so I took her in before we leave for vacation. Tomorrow. $500 later and the x-rays say that nothing is wrong. Hmmmm. We'll see what a week of anti-inflammatory meds do.

Swimming in the lake will probably work wonders.

See you tomorrow