Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Little Sweetheart

Mason and I have been having a hard time lately...mainly because of me being overwhelmed, exhausted, preoccupied, and hungry as I figure out my new diet. He's really been acting out and I think it is because it is the only way to get attention...which is very sad.



So yesterday I really made an effort to spend quality one on one time with him. Maddox actually took a couple of naps 45 minutes to 1 hour long (a miracle) and Mason and I were able to have fun together. We played Monopoly Jr....which he is kicking my butt at. I have not been able to win and I try!! The boy is always rolling doubles, landing on Chance and picking the good Chance cards, and buying the best properties (they are ticket booths in the Jr version).



Yesterday went well and last night Craig and I prayed about him and today was another great day with him. We walked to the park and hung out there and Maddox napped the entire time in the stroller, then Maddox kept napping when we got home...a total of 2 hours!!!!! Mason kicked my butt again at Monopoly Jr. (he should be playing Crapps! just kidding)



While I was getting supper ready I had him go through the clean laundry that wasn't folded and pick out his clothes, fold them and put them away (every a.m. he wakes up surly or crying because his only comfortable pants or shirts are not in his room...I figured this would help with that)

So he's working like a trooper and singing and humming and tells me not to come into the living room. When he is finally finished he tells me to come in and he runs out of the living room saying "Do you see anything missing!?" with a HUGE grin on his face. He had folded ALL the clothes and put ALL of them away!!! I just about cried. He was so proud of himself. So tonight when I was looking for my PJs, I found the bottoms folded up in my dresser drawer and the top was on a hanger in my closet. My heart just welled. How did I get so blessed with such a sweetie

No comments: