Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Couple More Allergies

We've identified a couple more foods Maddox is allergic to. He is allergic to green beans and peppers. But he is NOT allergic to tomatoes, mustard, or peas. I had BBQ sauce on my chicken last night and it was g-o-o-d!!

He did great with the testing. Thankfully he is not severely allergic to these veggies. He didn't even cry with the skin testing pokes (he had 7 of them) and didn't need Benadryl or break out in serious hives. That was nice to see.

However he is NOT sleeping. Last night I had to sleep with him on the couch sitting upright from 12:30am until 4:30am just so I could get some sleep. He keeps pulling on his ears and crying, but his ears are clear. I think it is because he is teething. Poor guy. It is one thing after another for him. I thought I felt a little bump on his gums yesterday, but I'm not sure.

Mason is doing well. Playing outside a lot and creating different foods to eat. His seeds are doing great Cathy. The marigolds and daisys will need to be thinned out soon. He is very excited about them. We still need to plant the pumkins. A little behind these days :)

I had something else to write, but it just left my mind. We see another allergist this coming Wed for a second opinion about Maddox. Hopefully all goes well there. No more testing, just want information. The more the better at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Just want you to know that I have been trying to add to the blog but it seems my "cookies" are not aligned and my "Java Script" is disabled. Now what to do.
MOM/Aunt Janis

Cathy said...

call or email Justin. i know that he doesn't like to use his magic powers outside of work hours, but he might take pity on you.