Wednesday, June 4, 2008

hi

Thank you Cathy for the birthday video. If only we didn't have dial-up, I could watch it. this fall we are getting something faster, so that will change.

I did have a nice birthday. Lots of good food to eat...which is the best gift anyone can give me.

Maddox had his appt with the allergist yesterday. He has significant allergies to dairy, egg, and goat milk. Moderate allergies to white potato, soy, and peanut.

He will probably have eczema for many years and is at a high risk of developing asthma because of the severity of his allergies and the number of them. He will also probably develop hay fever. But he should outgrow most of the allergies (except for the peanut) and the white potato allergy is very rare. ( of course it is). The flare-ups of the eczema may or may not be related to anything that I eat. If he was on formula he would still have the same skin issues.

But now that he is 6 months today...he can start Zyrtec once a day to help with the itchy skin and should help him sleep because he will feel better. That would be great for everyone!!

Poor little guy. He is still a sweetie though and has lots of smiles. Yesterday they tried to draw blood from him but couldn't find his veins. that was terrible. I had them stop and we left. Next week he is going to be tested for some vegetables..peppers, tomato, green beans, peas and mustard. but that will be skin testing. Then he will be tested for gelatin (blood draw) because many vaccines have gelatin in them.

and the poor guy hasn't pooped since Sat. So i called the Dr, but ours was out and I got the on-call Dr. He told me to put my pinky finger in Maddox's bottom before he would recommend anything else to me.

To which Mason replied "I'm glad I don't have to take care of Maddox". and "What if he sucks you in mom? And you go all the way in and can't come out until he poops?"

Well, that little trick didn't work and we have a prescription waiting for us at the pharmacy. yep

no sleep again. not really napping either because he is so uncomfortable. Poor guy. I am going to try and put some pictures on here, but I haven't been able to. Every time I try to load the image, i get the message: Internet explorer unable to display the webpage....

Maddox was up from 2:30am until 4:30am Tues night and I took a picture of him because he was sooo happy and smiley...when I was near him:) My mom keeps telling me that someday this will all be a distant memory....and some days already are because my brain is slowly disappearing...but I really can't wait until Maddox is 1 year old.

OK, same thing when trying to upload the pictures. Cathy, I may email you them.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Well, I can say, with confidence, that I draw the line at putting my finger into Ginger's behind. Pure and simple.

You win. =)

Thank goodness you can start some pharmaceutical relief. Get something for yourself, as well!!

Alyssa said...

Well, I'm really glad you didn't get sucked in. That would have been terrible!

Anonymous said...

hahaha you two are funny.


the prescription didn't work out. Pharmacy didn't have it, and they said it was an irritant and were surprised the Dr wouldn't recommend a suppository. We did the suppository thing tonight and it worked. poor little guy though.

Catherine said...

I'm certain that Alyssa will appreciate this, but I was going to suggest a suppository, however, I am NOT a doctor.

All I can say, is that I speak from parental (Alyssa) experience. Be vewy, vewy quiet...