Sunday, June 8, 2008

Steve's Big Move Day

So yesterday was the BIG move day from Fox Point to Sun Prairie. The owner of our company just "happened" to have his GIANT snowmobile trailer being decal'd in Racine, so . . .



I borrowed a pickup from a friend of mine and enlisted the help of my "guys" from my men's group. I've never pulled anything this huge and it was scarey, but everything went fine. When I got to the apartment bldg. some co-workers met me to help with the unload process, which went pretty fast.

We ate and had to get headed back to Milwaukee because it looked like some storms were coming. Well, on the way my buddies in the minivan behind me called and asked if I'd heard the tornado sirens. Short version is that I got the trailer unloaded in Racine at 5pm and the "Noah and the Ark" type rain started at 5:15. I ended up staying at my friend's who loaned me the truck until 7:30. When I got home - after being detoured around streets that had become lakes, I was glad to see that I only had minimal water in my side yard.
I'll be dropping Tiger off for the next 4 months with my friend Tina and will return home this week a few times and this weekend to complete the cleaning/packing/moving. I'm pretty tired and pretty sad to leave, but will try to make the most of the next few months. Having such awesome friends makes it smooth yet tough at the same time. Shannon, Jason, Ryan, and Kris are the best!
Oh yea, only a little water in my basement. Not bad compared to many who had some severe flooding.
Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one long trailer. How many snowmobiles will that hold?? I'm glad you are blessed with such good friends. Of course, you have been a good friend to them too.
It seems these storms just won't end. You should probably be building an ark.
Enjoy your new apt.
Love, MOM

Catherine said...

Holey Smokes! You had a super BIG weekend! Sun Prairie is a nice area, tho. Imagine how much $$$ you're going to save in gas; that will be huge! You must have gotten the rain that we had on Friday; thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc. I had better call you this week for all of the details........