Monday, June 9, 2008

a good checkup

Hey Cathy, I like the new look to the blog. Derek lives in Venice Beach, California (sounds heavenly) and Junal is in Superior. How many weather pixies can we fit on there?

I'm glad Randy is starting the antibiotics. That is good to know about the false negatives.

Everything went well at Maddox's checkup. We are so blessed with our family doctor. He was fine on waiting on the vaccines, and thought it was a good idea to get a second opinion from another allergist. He feels the risks of Maddox getting the vaccines right now outweigh the risks of not getting them. He even suggested waiting until Maddox outgrows some of his allergies.

Maddox is growing fine and thriving and looks great according to our Dr. all good news!!! I was worried about his head size, it just looked a little small and his weight gain since we aren't doing solids yet. Dr felt it was OK to wait until 9 months if I was more comfortable with that, and depending on what the allergists said.

His ear infection is clearing up as well.

An uneventful Dr appt!!!! Horray for that!!!

Mason woke up with a swollen red ear (he looks like the guy from MAD magazine on one side), but the Dr figures it is just a bug bite. I kept looking at Mason this a.m. wondering what was different and thinking..."I don't remember his ears being so big. Wow." It took me several hours to figure out something wasn't right.

Right now Mason is running in front of the air conditioner putting his face up to it, his chest and belly up to it and his armpits up to it. So far this summer he is doing well with the transition to summer clothes. He has worn shorts a 3 times already and has worn a few T-shirts. (Now Mason is watching his belly button suck in as he exhales..never a dull moment around here :) )

Well, off to enjoy the nice weather. Hope all is going well in Madison Steve, and hope all is well in St Cloud, Alyssa
( I need to be careful what I right with Mr. Mason around because he can read most of it:) )...in fact, he just read that last line about being careful and asked me why I wrote it.

Mason says: Be careful what of write OK people

No comments: