Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hello from baby world

Things keep going well here. Maddox is amazing and we are so glad he is here with us!

Last night was wonderful. He woke up every 2 hours to eat, went right back to sleep in the bassinet and then slept from 4:30 am to 8:30 am. I hope this is a trend. When he is awake, he is adorable. Just loves to look around at everything, SMILES for MASON...and not the gassy smiles either. Real, big pie face smiles. He is also beginning to coo and tries so hard to make noises come out!

He is putting himself to sleep during the day. It is so much easier this time around, I can't believe it. I am recovering fine and can't believe how well I feel and how relaxed I am.. It helps having Craig home. He is taking care of most everything, so I can just focus on getting rest, well, and the boys. Junal gave us 2 fabulous meals...lasagna, and alfredo which were gluten free. We were able to get 2 meals out of each, and then I have the frozen ones, so cooking has been easy for Craig.

Mason continues to be a sweethart. He didn't want to go to gymnastics today because "Maddox might say my name, Mason and I might miss it mom". He is keeping track of our diapers and I get a daily count of them. He is concerned we will run out of them. He also loves to dispose of the dirty diapers and watch the diaper changes...especially when Maddox turns into a sprinkler. (I forgot about changing little boys). Mason has a stool next to our changing station so he can get a close up view. He lavishes Maddox with hugs and kisses all day long and loves telling people about his new brother.

Mason also taught me a few new uses for the Boppy pillow. It can be a sled down the stairs, be worn around your waist, or head or neck and used for all sorts of fun things while worn. He built a gingerbread house with Craig today and had a blast. Mason and I have also been able to have some "Momma and Mason time" which has been nice, because Maddox sleeps so well during the day. He just sleeps through all the commotion and noise without any trouble.

That's about it for now. We are just enjoying being a family together and it's nice that is so cold and snowy outside, so we can just sit in and relax together and do "Christmasy" things all day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering how things were going with you and the "boys".
You are sooooooooo lucky to have family and help. When I had babies family was far away but we made it anyway. Guess I didn't know it could be any other way. We put our tree up today. It's our first artificial tree. No needles to vacumn. Yeh!
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. Maybe your sister could Sprint some our way.
Take care and enjoy the moment.
AJ

Alyssa said...

You make it sound so easy!!
I'm glad things are going well! :)

-Alyssa

Jules said...

alyssa, you'll need to come over sometime. just call, we would love to have you over, and Mason would love to show-off Maddox