Sunday, December 2, 2007

Stayin' Alive.....

barely.

I am still here. Cathy, you are right, Mason would have LOVED to see me being snowmobiled or at least ambulanced to the hospital...and right now, I would be thrilled to see that happen:)

My mom spent the night last night because I was convinced I was going in. LOTS of pressure, discomfort and such...but nothing happened. Just woken up each hour with a contraction, but nothing regular or worth going in for. I was up at my usual time from 2:30-3:45 and my mom happened to get up so I had some company for a while which was nice.

We decorated the tree tonight, so that was fun. It's fun to watch Mason at the holidays each year. All the excitement and fun for him!! He watched Rudolph for the first time last night. And loved it. Yesterday we took a nap together on the couch for 2 hours...which was heavenly. Snow outside, Christmas lights on, fireplace on and soft Christmas music playing. It was just what I needed!! And it was nice to have a sweet moment with him, especially since I have been so cranky the last couple of days. I hope Mason won't be traumatized by my impatience. So far he seems OK.

I'm pretty miserable. Pains where I didn't know it was possible to have pains. My lower back has been giving out..right where my leg is attatched...that's fun. Just waiting to go down like a ton of bricks. :) And I feel like I am turning into a Godzilla Queen. I was so crabby at one point today, I went down to our spider infested basement, sat on a bin and ate a popsicle by myself. A 3 hour nap didn't even help. A friend who is also due any day is having the same crabby moments, so it's really nice to have someone to call who truly understands. At least we can make each other laugh and get a better perspective.

Part of me wants to hold onto Tues so my Dr is the one who delivers and so everything is carefully monitored and we are not rushing to the hospital, but, I would love to go tonight or tomorrow as well. We'll see. I might try a little shopping a little tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted. I hope the snow stops soon for you soon Cathy. I think we got about 9 inches...which was less than forcasted and the storm stopped a lot sooner than they said it would. Tuesday we are supposed to get some more snow, but I don't think it will be much. Mqaybe tomorrow I can take Mason out in the snow and pull him a sled to get things going?

No comments: