Friday, December 7, 2007

WE JUST LOVE HIM!!!!

Maddox is the sweetest baby!! He is a wonderful addition to our family and we are enjoying every minute with him!

Mason LOVES being a big brother and also adores Maddox. I need to find a way to get pictures on the blog with the dial up connection.

Maddox is so alert, even our Dr couldn't believe how alert he was at less than a day old. his eyes seem to look right through you and when he is awake he just looks around at everything. Pretty calm and content so far. He is also a voracious eater!! I wouldn't doubt him hitting 10 pounds quickly!! He is so worth all the misery and discomfort and wait!!!! And I just loved him immediately. There was no question about it. It was as if I had known him forever and loved him forever the minute he was placed on my stomach. And it seems so right and natural to have Mason and Maddox. My two boys.

Labor and delivery was "interesting". We checked in at 6:15 am, but they didn't break my water until 11:00am. I tried to blog from the hospital, but the internet wasn't working. Contractions picked up around 1:00. I got Stay-Dahl around 2:20. and a 2nd dose at 2:40. And boy, was I crazy. I provided lots of entertainment for my family over the phone and to the nurses. Then when that wore off, i wanted the cervical block, but it was too late for that or more stay-dahl. I delivered him without drugs. That is an experience in itself, and i have had a few flashbacks. But I only pushed for 10 minutes and the minute I saw him the pain was gone and he was all worth it.

well, little Maddox is hungry. Just wanted to check in and say things are going well...night time is interesting though....I'll write more later

4 comments:

Catherine said...

We were wondering about you, but certain that you weren't just sitting around eating gluten-free brownies. Glad that you are alive and well, and everything is blissfully fine.

Sounds like they have some new drugs to keep you 'happy', but there is still that 'it's too late to give you anything' factor. Someone needs to do something about that.

.....and you're all ready for Chrismas......and Craig is home for awhile.....

lucky duck.

Cathy said...

So good to hear from you. Now I'm waiting for pictures. The picture that Junal took looks a little like your dad when he was a few weeks old.
Now that your family is complete for this year you can sit back and enjoy the snow and cold with something hot to drink. Christmas will be more than fun this year.

Catherine said...

'Cathy' isn't really Cathy. My mom is using my i.d. until she can get her own working.......right?

Jules said...

yes, they do have "happy" drugs. they don't last all that long, but you are definitely happy and really don't care about the pain.

Cathy, i'll try emailing you pictures tonight to post.