Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Birthday Celebration

Mason had a wonderful birthday and is still celebrating!!!

We had a pirate theme party on Sat. and my mom came over the day before to help decorate. She did a great job and thought of so many other great things.

It was Mason's golden birthday, so we gave Mason a gold chain with a charm that looked like a piece of pirate gold. (Mason had asked for a gold chain a while back). So we present this "golden" gift to him before the party and I was really excited. Mason's response: "Do pirates really wear these things? Do you have anything else for me?" It was a dud gift. But at least he can't say we didn't give him anything golden on his golden birthday :) We had another gift, but waited until after the party to give it to him.

I made a "sunken" treasure chest cake...definitely not my best work.

. I know what I need to do differently if I ever make this kind of cake again. But the Mason and the kids loved it and they ate it up.

We played pirate games and the party went very smoothly. He had 6 friends over and they all gave him very fun gifts. He has been having fun ever since. Gianni spent the night and that went great as well. they stayed up until 10:30 and got up at 6:45am.

On Sunday Mason's grammy and uncle Randy came over to celebrate. we had more cake and icecream and Mason had fun.

On Monday the 5th, his actual birthday, Mason woke me up at 6:45 and asked "When is the party?!?" I asked what party and he said "My birthday party!! Today is my birthday!!!" "I am 5 years old today!!!"....we had been talking about this for a few days, trying to explain the party was early and we were celebrating early. And of course I never thought of saving a present for him to open on his actual birthday. Needless to say, I was in big trouble on the actual birthdate. Although we had our 1st snow that day so I told Mason to look out the window and said.."Maybe God gave you a birthday present by letting it snow today" and he did like the idea of that.

All day it was "Why don't I get a present on my birthday? Why isn't there a party? Am I 6 now?" etc... I tried so hard to make his birthday special with the party and gifts and sleep over and all he will remember is that on the actual day of his birthday there was no party :)

but Aunt Janis...you were a lifesaver!!! He received his birthday package on his actual birthday and loved it!!! the water bottle is a huge hit!! He shows everyone who walks through the door his "AWESOME water bottle with his name on it!!!" and he loves the books. We can't wait to play with the packing peanuts.

Then yesterday a friend came over with her children and had a gift for Mason and today a friend who couldn't make it to the party came over with a gift and we had cake and icecream. The boy has been celebrating for 4 days now. Tomorrow he has a playdate with a new friend. Very busy week. But fun. So, I hope he remembers the good things about his birthday. Next year I will know better.

No comments: