Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh BlackWater....

Well, it is almost midnight and I am waiting for Craig to come home from Walmart with a mop, mophead, bucket, gloves, and papertowels. No...it is not a crazy "nesting" attack, our sewer backed up!!!!!

ugghh. It is dis-gus-ting. It is definitely "black water" and I wish it was all just water. THANKFULLY I was going down with some laundry around 10:00, and I smelled something before I was even in the basement, and then I saw the water. THANKFULLY, it wasn't everywhere, just hanging around the manhole and a ways around it. Not much was in it, and THANKFULLY we do have pretty much everything on shelves or in plastic bins. We picked up everything off the floor around the rest of the basement... in case this breaks loose over night. THANKFULLY I took a shower tonight so the water backed up tonight and not tomorrow morning. And THANKFULLY it isn't just bubbling up, it seems to be limited to the water that we use.

So we have a lot to be thankful for during this moment. We won't be able to get anyone to fix this until Friday though....so lots of limiting on the flushing of toilets and washing hands. We've got a bucket in the sink so we can wash our hands. I feel like we are in the 1800's.
Got out the purell and potty chair. Maybe Mason can learn how to write his name in the snow tomorrow morning.

I need to rescrub the basement stairs now, and we are going to bleach the basement floor tonight because it absolutely reeks. Craig's mom and brother are coming tomorrow before we go to my parents. Mason and I will go to my parents' in the a.m. so I can take a shower and we are spending the night. Oh...and through all of this, I am having contractions....nothing regular, but the most I have had...If this were a sitcom, this would be pretty hilarious!!

But seriously, there is a lot to be thankful for. What if we had come home from the hospital tonight with our little bundle? That would have been terrible!! And what if the water had backed up 4 inches around the entire basement floor like it did 2 years ago? And what if we didn't have everything on shelves. I am also thankful the rest of the house is pretty picked up, so at least we aren't dealing with a disaster in the basement and upstairs. and the list goes on and on.

Mice and sewer backup. It's been a crazy pregnancy...not to mention all the other stressors with the pregnancy itself. Well, Craig is back, time to bleach the floor!!! Oh no, Walmart is closed until Friday a.m....Craig is checking out Cub to see if they are open. We do not have any mopheads in the house right now, and this stuff really needs to be cleaned up tonight...It stinks and we can smell it upstairs.

But we want to wish a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to everyone!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful time and safe travels!!! Maybe I will be in the hospital?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I have pictures from the "Ladies Weekend" but wouldn't you know it, this google blog "doesn't recognize my email" so I have to find another way to post them.
Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. Seems it always happens on a weekend or holiday when plumbers charge the most. Maybe your dad has a router rooter.
We used to have that happen when we lived in Brown Deer. A beautiful maple tree was the cause.
Hope your next blog is a baby alert!! AJ