Thursday, November 29, 2007

Going Nowhere Fast

What kind of sick joke is that virtual baby thing?! :)

As far as my disc that herniated, I never had an x-ray or MRI. The Physical therapist diagnosed it based on symptoms, and since it wasn't severe, they didn't recommend an x-ray. Sooooo, there is nothing to look at. At this point though, I do not care.

Everything is being pulled and stretched. Any little movements cause sharp shooting pains everywhere in my lower body. I just want to be in a quiet dark place and lay there until the baby comes.

I did get half of my Christmas wrapping done though. I do not recommend attempting that with a 5 year old when you are a few days overdue. It took all my strength to remain patient. He did a great job, and was just being 5 and trying to use the grown up scissors...again, not a good thing to attempt in my condition. But we did it, and now we have presents under the tree. Still need to decorate it though.

I also made some chicken noodle soup to freeze today. At least I can be productive. That will be 11 meals, and my sister is making me some as well, and so is my mom. So we will be set for at least 2 weeks when the baby is born.

Oh, I have changed my due date to Dec 2nd. Every 3 days I am changing my due date by 3 days. So I am never late. Either early or on time. A big snow storm may be coming this weekend, I'm guessing the baby will come then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that the virtual baby is now indicating the days overdue.
If the baby comes during a snow storm you could name him Stormy. Just a joke!!
I'm hoping we don't have snow this weekend. Mr. Jim has to have a catheterization tomorrow to see how badly the arteries are blocked. If they are able to put in stints they will do that tomorrow and he will stay overnight otherwise it will be bypass surgery at a later date. It seems everytime he has Dr. appt. that I have to drive him to it seems to storm and I hate driving in bad weather. Oh, well, we'll make it through. Say a prayer or two. The oldest mother who ages more every day

Catherine said...

If the Packers win tonight, I still think that Brett is still a very good name. How about if we start calling Justin 'Brett'? Alyssa, do you want to be called 'Brett'?

All good thoughts and prayers for Dad's catherization tomorrow. And for you, too, Queen Mother. If he has to have bypass surgery, you are going to need more than prayers. I'm thinking an airline ticket.......